simplicity

All I want to do these days is make stuff.  (like this and these and these and this...oh and this.) Especially food.  Mmmmm...not sure why.  (Uh, can you tell what I've been doing while nursing the past couple of days?)

It has officially been 1 month since Wade and I have been reunited with our Perry...the transition to motherhood will, I'm sure, remain forever, as new phases and children come into play...but the initial transition was rather drug out for me.  Summertime was Perris and myself together figuring out this parenthood+brand new baby thing.  Then I was with my Mom and sister, providing much support and in-a-flash "please watch Wade for me".  So with Wade 4.5 months old, coming home to my home (a new home), where Perris is not often found (school/work/etc), was rather shocking, actually.  I only cried like 5 times the first week.  Then my tears dried up and I realized "I can do this."  How to manage everything I wanted/needed to do was what overwhelmed me.  Since then (4 weeks ago...) I have simplified.  Although I still often put too much on my plate (working on it.), I am learning to just get the essentials done.  Essentials being: Relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, Relationship with Perry +Wade, and self, relationship with others.  Really, I know that if I am prioritizing with that....all the dishes, messes, crafts, food, and other things will be worked out.  I am finding time to do things for myself (making a book, currently.  can't wait to show), and maintain a home, all while catering to the needs of my sweety pie Waders.  The key to happiness really is quite simple;  Look for it in the right places.

Comments

  1. Love reading this Al. I know exactly what you mean! Sometimes it's so hard for me though. I guess that's the natural man in me :) LOVE ya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts